Extra Curricular, Trips & Activities
Extracurricular activities, trips and visits are a vital part of our provision here at Stradbroke High School. As part of the ‘World Class Education’ we deliver to our students, we consider these enrichment activities to be of equal importance to our academic provision.
Extra-curricular activities and trips are essential for all students. The value of new experiences, new cultures, new people and new ideas is immeasurable for the development of the enquiring minds and critical thinking that we are so passionate about – their worth is well documented. We are proud of the beautiful, safe and welcoming rural location of our school but we are also aware that there is a need for students to experience other regions to ensure they have a well-rounded understanding of the world around them.
Recent enrichment opportunities have included:
- A residential football development tour at Real Madrid
- A Ski-trip to Italy
- Regular trips to Cambridge University
- BT science and engineering lectures for KS4
- Music concerts both within school and in the wider community
- Pop musicians with messages of safety and personal development
- Visits to the Opera; we recently were lucky enough to attend a performance of La Traviata
- Student productions including 'Joseph' and 'The Sound of Music'
- Duke of Edinburgh awards
- An after-school course for exploring philosophical and religious ideas through art
- Trips to religious centres including Norwich Cathedral, a Sikh Gurdwara and a Muslim Mosque
- Visits to museums and cultural centres in London
- Cricket 20/20
- Tennis at Wimbledon
- Christmas Pantomime
- Regular sporting fixtures and galas
- Visits to the battlefields and museums of World War One in France and Belgium
- Language based visits to France
- Regular theatre trips to London
- Visits to A Level schools and colleges to stretch, challenge and inspire
- An annual visit to the home of music composer Benjamin Britten
- Other music opportunities: choir, orchestra, brass ensemble and 'Amplifier' composition group.
Watch this space - we have many more planned!