Local Governing Body
The Stradbroke High School local governing body was established by the Sapientia Education Trust (SET). The body reports to the SET board via its committees and operates under agreed Terms of Reference and a Scheme of Delegation.
Abiding by an agreed Code of Conduct, we monitor the work of the school, focusing on the three core functions of governance:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
Our body consists of the Executive Head of SET, the Headheacher, 3 parent governors (elected by parents), 2 staff governors (elected by staff) and 5 co-opted governors (one of whom is also a parent) appointed by the trust. We meet, formally, four times within the school year to discharge our responsibilities. Each governor focuses on an area within their range of expertise to ensure issues are brought to the attention of the full governing body.
We work closely with the Trust, the Headteacher and senior staff to enhance the development of the school, raise the aspirations and achievements of the pupils, ensure a high quality of educational provision and support for both pupil and staff and create an environment that supports these objectives.
- Karen Lynch - Chair of Governors
- Brian Goffee - Vice Chair of Governors
- Amanda Havers - Safeguarding Governor
- Paula Higgins - Support Staff Governor
- Elizabeth Soule - Co-opted Governor & SET Trustee
- Helen Reed - Teaching Staff Governor
- Ben Sturges - Parent Governor
- Mel Shearman - Parent Governor
- Ian Flintoff - Co-opted Governor
- Eloise Wilkinson - Parent Governor
- John Axtell - Headteacher
We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org